This article covers step-by-step instructions to help Punch List Homeowners get set up and oversee your project.
Step 1: Create your Punch List account
Download the Punch List application
Create Your Account
- Once the Punch List app is installed, tap Continue With Phone Number > enter your phone number and tap > Continue.
- Punch List will send you a verification number via text message. Enter the Verification Code and tap > Verify.
- Enter your first and last name, then tap > Continue.
Step 2: Review your Project
When you first open the application, you may see a notification “We’re setting up your project”. This just means our team is working with your Contractor to set up your project.
Your Project will consist of the following:
- Project timelines and key phases
- Checklists of tasks and to-do’s
- Total cost due after each task or phase is completed
Your Account Executive will reach out to you when your Project is ready.
Step 3: Approve your Punch List
On the Home screen you will always see a list of items that are waiting for you to take action on.
Approve Completed Tasks
- From the homescreen, work that has been completed will appear in your To Do List. Tap > Review & Approve to see all of the details related to this task including: the phase of the project, current status of the task, total cost, corresponding photos and any messages from the Contractor.
- Tap the photo to review the work. You can scroll through to review all photos associated with a task. If you have a question about a specific photo or part of the task, tap Open Discussion. Write a message to the Contractor and tap Submit.
- To approve a task as completed, simply tap Approve.
Once you have approved all tasks in a phase, you will see an Invoice appear on your To Do List.
To complete an Invoice:
- Tap View Invoice & Pay.
- If you have not added a payment source, tap > Add Payment Source to link your bank account using the Plaid network. Follow the prompts to connect your bank account and return to the Punch List application.
- Enter your preferred email address to receive a digital receipt of payment
- To complete the Invoice tap > Send Payment.
Acknowledge Schedule Updates
If your Contractor needs to adjust the schedule, they will submit a schedule update request. Any changes made will cause the task to show up in your To Do List so you can always be up to date. Simply tap Acknowledge to remove it from your To Do List.
Approve Change Orders
- From your To Do List, scroll through to the Change Order Pending then tap > Review & Approve.
- You will notice a popup window with all of the details related to the change order including: new task(s) to be completed, reason for the change order, and total additional cost to the project.
- To approve the Change Order, tap > Confirm.
If you need more information from the Contractor, you can begin a general conversation by closing the popup window and navigating to the Messages tab.
Pay for Allowances
Any materials or appliances that need to be ordered as part of your project will show up in the Allowances tab. You can always see the total estimate, and budget remaining for items that have not been ordered yet as the project progresses.
As your Contractor orders these, he will submit receipts, and an invoice will appear in your To Do List. You can always review the receipts from the Allowances tab.
Communicate with the Contractor
There are several ways to communicate with the Contractor via the Punch List application. When you review tasks and photos, you can add comments for the Contractor to review.
If you need to communicate with the Contractor about general information, tap the Messages tab and begin a conversation by adding a comment then tap > Submit. When the Contractor responds, you’ll receive a push notification to continue the conversation.